ADA Compliant Wheelchair
compliant Mobilift TX is the North American standard
for making trains accessible to passengers with
disabilities. The reason is simple: the Mobilift TX
has proven to be fast, reliable, and affordable over
20 years of rough and ready outdoor use.
safely accommodate the special needs of mobility
impaired passengers using the Mobilift TX. Our manual
mobile lift provides easy-to-use, low cost access for
persons with disabilities, and delivers consistent
Disabled Passenger Access
Over 700 units are in use at
major railroads (national, state, and local) as well
as at most of the tourist and historical railroads and
museums across North America.
TX wheelchair lift is manually powered, easy to use,
highly portable, and requires no electricity. The
absence of batteries, hydraulic, and electric
components make the lift extremely lightweight and
reliable. It comes with heavy duty wheels, allowing it
to roll easily along railroad platforms.
compliant solution can be in place now:
• Without platform
• Without retrofit costs
• Without waiting for lift equipped rail cars
• Without jeopardizing freight clearances with mini –
• Fully ADA compliant wheelchair lift under 38.83,
38.95, and 38.125.
• Easy to operate controls.
• Large wheels negotiate rough terrain.
• Vandal resistant design
• Automatically self leveling on uneven ground.
• Can be loaded onto any size pick up truck for
• Extension ramp increases turning radius for large
• Platform counter balance reduces cranking force.
• Floating bridge ramp for easy alignment.
• The Mobilift TX is extremely dependable in every
environment from Alaska winters to Arizona heat waves
and Washington rains.
• The TX has proven itself to be trustworthy – a fact
backed by over 4500 lift years of outdoor service.
• The Mobilift eliminates the possibility of an on
board jamming causing an extended train delay.
• 4 lbs. of pressure is all that is required to start
a Mobilift moving on a hard level surface – as easy as
moving a shopping cart.
• Self sufficient – no power is required.
• Mobilifts are very light, weighing approximately 268
• Low acquisition cost.
• Extremely low maintenance cost.
• No limit switches, batteries or hydraulic controls
• Permanent installation or structural modifications
are not required.
• Mobilifts have a lifting capacity of 600 lbs.
• All lifts are factory load tested to 3000 lbs as
part of our extensive quality assurance program.
• Proven safe - more than 700 units in service over
the past 20 years.
• Locking cable included to prevent unauthorized use.
• Moveable to reduce exposure to vandalism (vandal
resistant shelter available as an option).