1) Finished hoistway plumb within 1/2 inch from top to bottom,
and conforming to the dimensions indicated on the layout
drawings provided. All walls and side members must be square and
extend from pit floor to the ceiling of the shaft. Inside
surface of the hoistway must be flush. Interior of hoistway and
doors should be finished prior to the installation of the lift.
Hoistway must be constructed in accordance with ASME A18.1 and
all state and local building code requirements
2) Adequate supports shall be provided for fastening the lift as
indicated on the layout drawings. Supports must withstand rail
forces indicated. The elevator contractor is not responsible for
the structural design of the building and its ability to support
the elevator loads and/or reactions.
3) Where wood frame construction is used, tripled 2" x 6" on
each side of inserts, spaced as indicated on the layout
drawings, and extending the full height of the hoistway are
recommended. please consult the project architect for design
4) For masonry walls, the wall must be designed to support the
loadings of the lift.
5) Total travel distance from finished bottom floor to finished
top floor must be held within 1" of that shown on the layout
6) Overhead clearance: (top floor to underside of hoistway
ceiling or obstruction) to be maintained per the layout
drawings. If any of the shaftway dimensions cannot be achieved,
contact the factory for alternate arrangements.
7) a poured pit conforming to the dimensions indicated on the
layout drawings must be provided. The pit must be designed for
the impact load indicated and must be dry and level from wall to
8) A sump pump and sump pump hole with cover is recommended in
the pit area where water seepage is encountered. If a sump pump
is furnished, coordinate location with the elevator contractor.
9) All screens, railings, steps, and ladders as required for a
10) Barricades outside all hoistway openings for protection
shall be provided and installed by the general contractors.
11) 3'0" x 6' 8" swing doors, with 1 1/2 hour fire rating, with
stainless hall stations, to be provided as standard equipment
and installed by general contractor. Door closers or
spring-loaded hinges are included.
12) Clearance between hoistway door and sill must not exceed 3"
, nor 5" between hoistway door and car gate per ASME a17.1
13) All wall patching, painting, and grouting by others.
14) The main disconnect shall be located within sight of the
lift on the first level, outside the lift shaft.
15) A 120v, single phase, (20amp @ 1hp) service, with neutral,
to a lockable safety disconnect switch fused with time delay
fuses (15 amp) shall be furnished in accordance with N.E.C. A
normally open electrical interlock contact is required in the
switch for battery isolation. (1 horsepower source for single
phase heavy-duty switches(or equal): square "d" CAT.#H22LN,
electric interlock EIK-031. ITE CAT.#SN-321, electrical
interlock #SC-3. Cutler hammer cat. #DH22LNGK, electric