1) Finished hoistway plumb within 1/2 inch from top to
bottom, and conforming to the dimensions indicated on the
layout drawings provided. All walls and side members must be
square and extend from pit floor to the ceiling of the
shaft. Inside surface of the hoistway must be flush.
Interior of hoistway and doors should be finished prior to
the installation of the lift. Hoistway must be constructed
in accordance with ASME A18.1 and all state and local
building code requirements
2) Adequate supports shall be provided for fastening the
lift as indicated on the layout drawings. Supports must
withstand rail forces indicated. The elevator contractor is
not responsible for the structural design of the building
and its ability to support the elevator loads and/or
3) Where wood frame construction is used, tripled 2" x 6" on
each side of inserts, spaced as indicated on the layout
drawings, and extending the full height of the hoistway are
recommended. Please consult the project architect for design
4) For masonry walls, the wall must be designed to support
the loadings of the lift.
5) Total travel distance from finished bottom floor to
finished top floor must be held within 1" of that shown on
the layout drawings.
6) Overhead clearance: (top floor to underside of hoistway
ceiling or obstruction) to be maintained per the layout
drawings. If any of the shaftway dimensions cannot be
achieved, contact the factory for alternate arrangements.
7) a poured pit conforming to the dimensions indicated on
the layout drawings must be provided. The pit must be
designed for the impact load indicated and must be dry and
level from wall to wall.
8) A sump pump and sump pump hole with cover is recommended
in the pit area where water seepage is encountered. If a
sump pump is furnished, coordinate location with the
9) All screens, railings, steps, and ladders as required for
a legal hoistway.
10) Barricades outside all hoistway openings for protection
shall be provided and installed by the general contractors.
11) 3'0" x 6' 8" swing doors, with 1 1/2 hour fire rating,
with stainless hall stations, to be provided as standard
equipment and installed by general contractor. Door closers
or spring-loaded hinges are included.
12) Clearance between hoistway door and sill must not exceed
3" , nor 5" between hoistway door and car gate per ASME
13) All wall patching, painting, and grouting by others.
14) The main disconnect shall be located within sight of the
lift on the first level, outside the lift shaft.
15) A 120v, single phase, (20AMP @ 1HP) service, with
neutral, to a lockable safety disconnect switch fused with
time delay fuses (15 AMP) shall be furnished in accordance
with N.E.C. A normally open electrical interlock contact is
required in the switch for battery isolation.
(1 horsepower source for single phase heavy-duty
switches(or equal): square "d" CAT.#H22LN, electric
interlock EIK-031. ITE CAT.#SN-321, electrical interlock
#SC-3. Cutler hammer cat. #DH221NGK, electric interlock