The Silver Star BackPacker Plus.
The Backpacker unit holds your scooter or power wheelchair
inside your vehicle for safe keeping, and easily mounts to
the existing floor latches when the rear seat is removed,
so there are no holes to drill or modifications to your
vehicle. And the battery pack means you don't have to wire
it to your car battery either. Just pop it in and go!
The fully automatic single
button lift operation means there is no work on your
part...the lift moves outward, lowers to the ground, then
moves up and into the vehicle entirely on its own. And now
the Backpacker Plus features a manual override. Fits in
Please note that if you have one
of the newer mini-vans with the third seat that folds into
the floor, the Backpacker can still work with no drilling.
It will require a modification kit that we can provide at
no charge when you order the unit.
• Separation between existing
floor couplings can be a maximum of 45"
• Inside edge of door sill to outside edge of bumper can be
a maximum of 13"
• "Drop" from bottom edge of door to floor of vehicle can
be a maximum of 4"
• Inside edge of door sill to middle seats must be at least
• Newer model vehicles may require a securement kit
• Automatic loading into cargo area of
• Attaches to existing third-row seat hardware...no drilling
• No permanent installation of unit...easily installed in another
• Easily lifts most scooters & power wheelchairs
• Can be bolted to the floor for a permanent installation
• Weight capacity: 350 lbs.
• Weight: 150 lbs.